LINKS

HOME .......... ABOUT .......... WINKLE ARTS .......... PUNCH NEEDLE TIPS ........... FINISHED PUNCH NEEDLE ......... MINI PUNCH NEEDLE ...... HOW TO PURCHASE ...... ARCHIVE......MAIN SHOP ...... ETSY SHOP ...... FACEBOOK ...... PINTEREST ...... INSTAGRAM

Monday, September 15, 2014

Mural Powder Room

Mural in a powder room

Powder Room


The hand  painted ceiling and border, to match the curtains. I even painted the tassels. 



The Real Curtain In the Room connected to the bathroom.

As I was saying in the previous post. Murals followed. Many people wanted there ceilings painted, let me think was it Michelangelo, yes! I felt for Michel!  Painted ceilings were very difficult, hours with your neck bent, he had the right idea with the scaffolding in the Sistine Chapel.

Painted furniture was very popular. I'm not sure if I still have a copy from the local paper called the Tribune Review. If I do I will post it on the side panel when I find it. Following the article Galleries wanted my work. I thought it was wonderful, WOW a gallery wants my work GREAT. I did end up trying, But 60% commission, raised the prices so high I thought it was ridiculous so that only lasted about a year.

Happy Day, 
Kate