LINKS

HOME .......... ABOUT .......... WINKLE ARTS .......... PUNCH NEEDLE TIPS ........... FINISHED PUNCH NEEDLE ......... MINI PUNCH NEEDLE ...... HOW TO PURCHASE ...... ARCHIVE......MAIN SHOP ...... ETSY SHOP ...... FACEBOOK ...... PINTEREST ...... INSTAGRAM

Monday, September 15, 2014

The Begining







One of my favorite pieces-- A good customer of mine was going to throw this beautiful chair away, she offered it to me, of course I could not pass it up, so I reupholstered it, Painted it, but it needed a little more, so I envisioned a castle theme on the back, and I loved it! (Thank you, Laurie).

THE BEGINNING--17 years and running.
  I was a housewife, & mother, plus I ran the office for my ex-husband's electrical business for 18 years.
In those 18 years I learned to do many things, I taught myself to paint & draw, fixed up many apartments, and a house. Then came a divorce! 
What do I do? 
So I threw open my detached garage door and started painting furniture. My garage is very close to a school and the curiosity of me painting day in day out, people had to stop to see what I was up too. Commissions followed, followed by furthering my painting to Murals and small items. Let me tell you sitting on a concrete floor for 10 to 12 hours a day, is not good! In about 2 years, I then converted the garage to a studio.
 I must say, it was wonderful having people stop by and chat.




Happy Painting,
Kate